Pet parents always want the best for their pets, so dog owners often want their dogs to get exercise during the day. There are many choices in terms of how to go about getting your dog the exercise that he needs. Two such options are dog walking and doggie daycare. In this article, we will take a look at dog walking versus doggie daycare in Windermere so that you can decide which one is best for you and your dog.
Why Use Dog Walking or Doggie Daycare?
First off, let us consider why some people choose to use a dog walking service or take their dog to doggie daycare.
Long Work Hours
Working long hours leaves you little time and energy to exercise your dog. You do not want to come home to a hyper dog and to feel guilty about the fact that walking your dog is the last thing in the world you want to do when you get home. Knowing your dog has been walked by a dog walking service or has played all day in daycare gives you peace of mind and the time to just relax with your fur baby.
An Unpredictable Schedule
Maybe you have to pick up your kids and drop them off at different activities each day or maybe your work schedule changes often and is unpredictable. You may be asked to work later sometimes and you never know for sure when that is going to happen. Life is unpredictable but you do not want your dog to suffer because of it. Having a dog walking service or using doggie daycare allows you to know that your dog is not having to hold it extra because you were not able to get home in time. You do not have to come home after all that work or running around to find a mess to clean up. Rather, you come home to a happy and relaxed dog.
Working From Home
That may sound contradictory. If you work from home, surely you can take your dog out for a walk. But maybe not. There are those long phone meetings and all of the paperwork to catch up on. Your dog is giving you the look that he needs to go out but you simply do not have the time. If you use a dog walking service or take him to doggie daycare, you know that he is getting the exercise and attention he needs while you are working and then, when you are done, you can focus on your fur baby without stress or guilt.
Some people are not able to exercise their pet due to a disability. But that does not mean they love their dog any less, so they may opt to hire a dog walking service or take their dog to doggie daycare.
Which is Best, Dog Walking or Doggie Daycare?
Like any other choices, there are pros and cons to each one and you must consider your dog’s needs as well as your own. Here are some questions to ask yourself about your dog’s needs and your own schedule:
- Does my dog interact well with other dogs or is he shy? If your dog loves being around other dogs and cannot get enough of playing with other dogs, using a doggie daycare is a great option. On the other hand, if your dog is shy, nervous, or afraid of other dogs, doggie daycare would be stressful for him. Likewise, if your dog does not like other dogs, it may be a better idea to use a dog walking service.
- Does my schedule allow for drop-off and pick-up from daycare each day? Another thing to consider is your schedule. Do you have the time to drop your dog off and pick him up each day from doggie daycare? If your schedule is unpredictable, this may be even more difficult for you. In a case like that, using a dog walking service may be a better fit for you.
Interested in learning more about our dog walking service? Contact us here so that we can discuss a plan that will work well for both your needs and your dog’s needs.
What if you prefer to use a doggie daycare but just do not have the time to drop your pet off and pick him up each day? We provide a pet taxi service that can take that off of your list. That way, no matter what your work schedule is, your pet can be picked up and dropped off at doggie daycare each day and you can come home to a happy and well-balanced pet. Interested in learning more about our pet taxi service? Contact us here.
Latest posts by Caroline Kellam (see all)
- Will I Have the Same Pet Sitter or Dog Walker Each Time? - January 17, 2017
- Best Pet Boarding Places in Windermere - January 13, 2017
- The Orlando Cat Cafe - January 13, 2017